Exams Results & Ofsted
Our first Ofsted report in February 2023 rated our academy ‘Good’, with Personal Development rated ‘Outstanding’. You can download the full report here.
The report highlights many of the school’s excellent qualities. These include the well-designed and ambitious curriculum, the high-quality programme of enrichment activities as well as the support students receive to prepare them for their futures.
The report highlights:
On the curriculum:
· "The curriculum is carefully planned. It allows all pupils, including those with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND), to develop their knowledge."
· "Leaders have ensured that there is a rigorous and ambitious curriculum in place for each subject. The planned curriculum is broad and rich."
On enrichment and personal development:
·"The high-quality provision for pupils’ personal development attests to leaders’ belief in character development. Leaders and staff take every opportunity to help pupils live out the belief that ‘everything is possible’. Pupils appreciate that their teachers are there to help them to succeed."
· "In personal, social, health and education (PSHE), the curriculum is ambitious and methodically planned."
· "A carefully chosen programme of enrichment activities supports the high-quality personal development provision."
On staff and the support for students:
· "Leaders know their pupils well. They strive to ensure the best outcomes for each
individual. Pupils speak glowingly about the support offered by teachers and leaders."
"Subject leaders are experts who are well supported by the trust. They use their expertise to plan effective sequencing of lessons."
· "Leaders and teachers support pupils with SEND well, using approaches tailored to individual needs."
The academy will present its first set of students for GCSEs in the summer of 2025. When these results are published, a summary of the outcomes and destinations will be available on this page.
When the DfE publishes performance tables for the academy, they will be at www.find-school-performance-data.service.gov.uk/school/147543/harris-academy-clapham/secondary
Ofsted parent view
Parents can share their views on the academy with Ofsted through their parent view portal. You can access the portal from this link below:
and then you can click on the tab ‘give your views now’. Ofsted’s system will then guide you through the process.