Endeavour for Excellence. Honesty and Integrity. Self-Belief with a Global View.
The Harris Academy Clapham curriculum aims to ensure that students have a deep, broad and innovative range of learning experiences, both inside and outside the classroom.
The Clapham curriculum is designed to meet the needs, aspirations and abilities of individual students, to improve their life chances and enable them to make a positive contribution to the city and world in which they live.
Through the Clapham academic, enrichment and pastoral curriculum we expect our students to develop powerful knowledge and the following values and character attributes that will enable them to achieve our vision that ‘Everything is Possible’.
Endeavour for Excellence:
- to work hard and relish challenge
- to never give up
- to learn to take sensible risks
- to always strive for the best for themselves and each other.
Integrity and Honesty:
- to act with kindness, treating others the way they would like to be treated.
Self-belief with a global view:
- to have the agency to achieve their ambitions for themselves and the wider world.
The Clapham Way
At Harris Clapham the curriculum is delivered through high-quality teaching, codified in the Clapham Way, to enable all Clapham students to have a deep knowledge and skills base that will fully prepare them for their future lives.
We follow these principles in our planning:
- Deep learning where the subject specific knowledge and skills come first
- Embedding and building on the basics - ensuring that every student acquires the vocabulary, literacy and numeracy skills to enable them to fully participate in society
- The curriculum must be rigorous and relevant by engaging with the best of what has been thought and said and acknowledging that knowledge is fluid and can be contested
- The curriculum must prepare for life in modern Britain and beyond, and enable Clapham students to understand their rights and fulfil their responsibilities under the Equality Act.
Our students deserve nothing less than excellence. Our teachers are experts who are highly effective in their craft.
Every child deserves the opportunity to flourish both inside and outside the classroom. Extra-curricular activities are of the upmost importance in our curriculum. We have a wide range of clubs on offer, and every student is encouraged to do at least one after school enrichment club each week.
Our Curriculum Policy can be found on our Teaching and Learning page.