Vision, Values and Ethos
The vision of Harris Academy Clapham is a simple one. From our opening in September 2020, our academy is a place where ‘everything is possible’.
The Clapham curriculum is designed to meet the needs, aspirations and abilities of individual students. Our aim is to improve their life chances and enable them to make a positive contribution to the city and world in which they live.
By this we mean that:
- every student is supported to fully develop their academic and personal talents; we help students to go on and achieve their dreams and help others
- we work with our families to support all our students, including those who have special educational needs and/or disabilities
- we are a supportive part of the Lambeth community, working with our neighbours and others as best we can
- every member of staff is supported in becoming the best that they can be, including their future career prospects and ambitions.
Through the Clapham academic, enrichment and pastoral curriculum we expect our students to develop powerful knowledge and the following values and character attributes that will enable them to achieve our vision that ‘Everything is Possible’:
Our key values
Endeavour for excellence
- Learning to work hard and relish challenge.
- Learning to never give up.
- Learning to take sensible risks.
- Learning to always strive for the best for themselves and each other.
Integrity and honesty
- Always acting with kindness.
- Treating others the way they would like to be treated.
Self-belief with a global view
- Growing to have the agency to achieve their ambitions for themselves and the wider world.
A central core of our ethos is to fully develop students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural wellbeing. We ensure that our students understand their role in making the academy and their community a safer and better place. We do this in a wide variety of ways, including after-school activities, during lessons, school visits and working with a range of external organisations such as local and national charities.