Vision, values and ethos
The vision of Harris Academy Clapham is a simple one:
From our opening in September 2020, our academy is a place where ‘everything is possible’. By this we mean that:
- every student is supported to fully develop their academic and personal talents. We help students to go on and achieve their dreams
- we work with our families to support all our students, including those who have special educational needs and/or disabilities
- we are a supportive part of the Lambeth community, working with our neighbours and others as best we can
- every member of staff is supported in becoming the best that they can be, including their future career prospects and ambitions.
It is our vision of ‘everything is possible’ that underpins the five values that staff and students at the academy uphold:
- endeavour – to relish challenge, never give up and learn to take sensible risks
- self-belief – to believe that they can and will go on to achieve their ambitions
- honesty – act with integrity, treating others the way they would like to be treated
- excellence – not settling for second best or for the easiest option
- having a global view – understanding their place in the world and how they can make it a better one.
A central core of our ethos is to fully develop students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural well-being. We ensure that our students understand their role in making the academy and their community a safer and better place. We do this in a wide variety of ways. including after-school activities, during lessons, school visits and working with a range of external organisations such as local and national charities.