Expectations and protocols
Visitors are welcome to Harris Academy Clapham.
It is important for us, as part of a well-rounded education, that our students engage positively with their peers, our staff and any visitors to the academy. Visitors offer our students a window into the world outside of the academy and also an opportunity for them to develop their skills in conduct and communication. It is our expectation that all visitors will conduct themselves as true role models for our students.
We want our students to develop outstanding habits of behaviour which will prepare them for life after their academic careers.
Please help us to reinforce these habits rather than undermine or break them by acting as a positive influence; as a role model for outstanding behaviour.
In particular, we would ask that you please:
- dress professionally for your visit
- act with kindness and compassion to others
- treat everyone with respect
- do not eat or drink in corridors or classrooms
- do not use your mobile 'phone in front of students
In order to keep our students safe, please
- contact Ms Ward on 0204 513 9350 on extension number 6353 to discuss what documentation you may need to bring to satisfy our safeguarding procedures. We may ask you to bring proof of ID and your DBS certificate if you have one
- follow the instructions on our 'visitor welcome' leaflet; in particular in respect of the lanyard you are asked to wear.
Should you have any concern about a student during your visit to the academy, please contact reception and ask to speak to a member of the safeguarding team.
We hope your visit to our academy is both enjoyable and productive and that you will feel a true, living sense of our vision that ‘everything is possible’.
Please note that during the COVID-19 situation, visitors will be allowed on site by appointment only.