Executive Principal's Welcome
Endeavour. Self-belief. Honesty. Excellence. Having a global view.
I am proud and privileged to welcome you to Harris Academy Clapham. We are a fantastic and ambitious new school that opened to our first group of Year 7 students in September 2020. The school is for boys and girls, of mixed ability and aged from years 11 to 16.
The academy is in a brand new and state-of-the-art building. We are fully equipped to ensure that our teachers have access to the resources that they need to teach their subject to the highest level. Our teachers are experts in their fields – they have a deep subject knowledge that will enables them to support, challenge and enthuse their students.
We will work closely with Harris Clapham Sixth Form (opening in September 2021), ensuring that our students will be able to move on to the best A-level and vocational teaching available in London.
At Harris Academy Clapham, our students develop as polite, well-rounded and academically successful young people, ready for the challenges that await them. Our students appreciate and demonstrate that they have:
- endeavour – to relish challenge, never give up and learn to take sensible risks
- self-belief – to believe that they can and will go on to achieve their ambitions
- honesty – act with integrity, treating others the way they would like to be treated
- excellence – not settling for second best or for the easiest option
- a global view – understanding their place in the world and how they can make it a better one.
The academy offers a fully broad and balanced curriculum, particularly celebrating and championing the importance of learning a modern foreign language. Students have a wide range of ways to learn about the different cultures and customs of countries around the world.
Our students will leave the academy with a deep sense of achievement – ready to excel in the further challenges of life that lie ahead of them. In summary, ‘everything is possible’.