Executive Principal's Welcome
Endeavour. Self-belief. Honesty. Excellence. Global.
I am proud and privileged to welcome you to Harris Academy Clapham. We will be a fantastic and ambitious new school that opens to our first group of Year 7 students in September 2020. The school will be for boys and girls, of mixed ability and aged from years 11 to 16.
The academy will be in a brand new and state-of-the-art building. We will be fully equipped to ensure that our teachers have access to the resources that they need to teach their subject to the highest level. Our teachers will be experts in their fields – they will have a deep subject knowledge that will enable them to support, challenge and enthuse their students.
We will work closely with Harris Clapham Sixth Form, ensuring that our students are able to move on to the best A-level and vocational teaching available in London.
At Harris Academy Clapham, our students will develop as polite, well-rounded and academically successful young people, ready for the challenges that await them. Our students will appreciate and demonstrate that they will have:
- endeavour – to relish challenge, never give up and learn to take sensible risks
- self-belief – to believe that they can and will go on to achieve their ambitions
- honesty – act with integrity, treating others the way they would like to be treated
- excellence – not settling for second best or for the easiest option
- global views – understanding their place in the world and how they can make it a better place.
The academy will offer a fully broad and balanced curriculum, particularly celebrating and championing the importance of learning a modern foreign language. Students will have a wider range of ways to learn about the different cultures and customs of countries around the world.
Our students will leave the school with a deep sense of achievement – ready to excel in the further challenges of life that lie ahead of them. In summary, ‘everything is possible’.