Our Aims and Ethos
Our vision is that ‘everything is possible’. Our students will be ambitious for themselves, they will work hard and be supported in turning their dreams and aspirations into a reality.
It is this vision that underpins the five values that staff and students at the academy will uphold:
- endeavour – to relish challenge, never give up and learn to take sensible risks
- self-belief – to believe that they can and will go on to achieve their ambitions
- honesty – act with integrity, treating others the way they would like to be treated
- excellence – not settling for second best or for the easiest option
- global views – understanding their place in the world and how they can make it a better place.
A central core of our work at the academy will be to fully develop students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural well-being. We will ensure that our students understand their role in making the school and their community a safer and better place. We will look to do this in a wide variety of ways. including after-school activities, during lessons, school visits and working with a range of external organisations such as local and national charities.